The Vilar Performing Arts Center, an active 535–seat theatre located in the beautiful Beaver Creek Ski Resort, has an ongoing need for stagehands on a show–by–show basis. Our busy seasons run July–August and December–March. We are frequently in need of loaders, general stagehands, stage electricians, and audio hands. Our stagehands are versatile employees who work across departments as needed.
Shift scheduling is employee driven – apply for the shifts you’re available for and management will confirm which days you are on shift. Show days typically involve a 4–6 hour morning or early afternoon load in before the performance plus a 3–5 hour evening load out after the performance. Exact shift times and durations vary per performance. Some positions will work the performance in addition to the in and out. For those with limited availability, some “load in only” and “load out only” shifts are available for most shows.
No experience in concerts or theatre? No problem! We are building a team of hard workers with positive attitudes and are willing to provide on–the–job training to the right people.
Using the “Apply now” button below, send a brief cover letter AND a resume to email@example.com. If you do not have a theatrical/concert resume, please provide the resume you have and/or a list of recent jobs and relevant skills/experiences. For more information about the Vilar Performing Arts Center, please visit vilarpac.org
- Follows instructions well and with attention to detail
- Maintains a safe working environment
- Works well with others and maintains a positive or helpful attitude
- Willing to ask questions and communicate with coworkers to ensure work is executed properly
- Able to work long hours and late nights when on the job
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and agendas
- Able to execute a variety of physical tasks, including but not limited to standing, walking flat and traversing stairs, pushing carts and cases with wheels, lifting up to 50lbs, team lifting heavy gear.
- Experience in one or more aspects of theatrical technology and/or live music production recommended, but not required
- Experience working on tours and/or in road houses recommended, but not required
$16–$26/hr, based on experience and skills
VPAC has a codified stagehand compensation program to ensure that pay rates are tied directly to merit and skills. Stagehands have the opportunity to seek advancement each spring.
Stagehands are eligible for complimentary tickets to VPAC and GRFA shows on an as–available basis.
Stagehands receive free parking in Beaver Creek employee parking lots on work days.