The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking a part-time Student Engagement Coordinator to join the YouthPower365 team. The Student Engagement Coordinator will work with high school aged students, with the goal of engaging students in academics, work, or pro-social activities. This role will have a focus on identifying students who are disengaged from all activities and identifying resources for success. In addition, the coordinator will work closely with the High School Leadership teams to create meaningful opportunities for students.
The Student Engagement Coordinator position offers access to workshops, webinars, and courses the enhance your skillset, relationship building within Eagle County Schools and the Eagle County community, and the ability to learn about Opportunity Youth, College and Career Readiness, and avenues to student success.
Estimated 10-15 hours weekly. Bilingual (fluent Spanish) preferred.
- Organizational Skills: ability to manage data and information
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to build and maintain relationships
- Project Management: ability to plan activities and events with attention to detail
- Positive Youth Development: knowledge of youth development and implementation
- Supervise PwrOn Student Leadership Team
- Provide learning opportunities for high school aged students that enhance college, career, and personal skills
- Organize and deliver prosocial programming to high school aged program
- Coordinate students services with PwrOn Manager
- Occasional 1:1 meeting with students to enhance engagement or reengagement, and potentially connect to school and community resources
- Distribute evaluations to program attendees
- Willingness to use a variety of solution-based strategies to build student connections
This part-time position is not eligible for benefits.