Afterschool is an important component of YouthPower365’s continuum of early childhood to college and career opportunities that help youth reach their full potential. Afterschool Instructors are critical to providing comprehensive programming that embraces expanded learning through academics, social-emotional learning, and enrichment. Instructors will engage in adventure and service learning to provide students with new and exciting opportunities to connect with their communities. Instructors are assigned a school site, where they report to a Site Coordinator. They are responsible for direct instruction and supervision to students with a focus on student growth. Instructors will be responsible for implementing an engaging, dynamic, and fun comprehensive curriculum, provided by YouthPower365, to a group of 10-15 students. Assigned age groups are dependent on need.
- Classroom management
- Being actively, continually, and culturally aware and responsive
- Curriculum implementation
- Curriculum and SEL instruction
- Serve as a role model and mentor
- Responsible for students’ safety
- Forming and nurturing appropriate trusted adult relationships
- On-site communication
- Share recess supervision responsibilities with other staff
- Sends weekly positive feedforward messages to families
- Responsible for completing basic licensing requirements associated with a Neighborhood Youth Organization
- Associate degree or above, required
- Must complete a background check
- Ability to complete multiple trainings upon hire such as CPR & First Aid, Standard Precautions, etc.
- Creativity while meeting after school goals and standards
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and be flexible
- Positive, high energy toward engaging and growing youth
- Curriculum implementation and scaffolding
- Ability to work as a part of a team
This is a part-time, hourly non-exempt position. Hourly range: $22.00/hr. to $32/hr. based on experience.
Eligible for sick time off