The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking an experienced Volunteer Manager and Operations Admin with attention to detail and a passion for the mission of the Vail Valley Foundation. The position plays a critical role within the larger Operations Department at the Vail Valley Foundation. The Volunteer Manager and Operations Admin will take lead roles within the areas of event and operations administration and volunteer coordination. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Operations and requires an organized person who can plan and implement throughout the year and enjoys interacting with others and a fast-paced work environment.
- Act as liaison for all volunteer matters tied to VVF events (including but not limited to VVF Fundraising Events, Xfinity Birds of Prey, GoPro Mountain Games, Vail Dance Festival and the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater) and be the first point of contact for volunteer coordinators.
- Work with Sr. Director of Operations and VP, Operations to determine volunteer needs per event and build schedules within the volunteer database.
- Oversee and maintain the volunteer database, to ensure all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Manage volunteer registration launch and the entire volunteer process including recruitment, registration, onboarding, oversight, and recognition.
- Serve as main point of contact for any VVF or event-based volunteer needs and/or reporting.
- Manage volunteer orientation process per event with volunteer coordinators and set expectations for volunteers before each event. This includes any and all materials such as volunteer handbooks.
- Facilitate initial communication and confirm involvement of our volunteer coordinators.
- Develop and implement volunteer recruitment strategy and execution for all events.
- Ensure communication strategy, calendar and methods are consistent with VVF brand standards and meet company expectations.
- Manage and spearhead volunteer recognition efforts throughout the year; including thank you’s, post and pre-event parties, giveaways, benefits, birthdays and anniversary recognition.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Operations with the development of RFPs for equipment and facility contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Support the Operations Team in the creation and management of comprehensive event build-out, tear down and logistics schedules.
- Support the Operations Team in the creation and management of Formstack (or other database) forms and documents.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Operations with employee offers, vendor agreements, insurance requirements, permitting and additional administrative tasks.
- Assist with internal and external transportation needs and logistics across all events.
- Support Sr. Director of Operations with event logistics and administrative oversight as necessary.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in event operations
- Proven organization, time-management, administrative and computer skills
- Self-initiative, attention to detail and a customer-centric philosophy
- Previous experience working and excelling in a fast-paced, multi-level, project-based environment with emphasis on timelines, quality and delivery
- Capable of remaining focused and calm under stressful situations and able to quickly adapt to changing conditions
- Exceptional relationship management, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage large teams and an enjoyment of being on the front lines and working with people
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external associates
- Team approach and willingness to assist others when called upon
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasts and profit and loss statements
- Accountability and ownership of budget line items
- Willingness to work irregular and long hours during events
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather
- Must be physically able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Strong computer skills with general illustrator mapping knowledge; excel, and online permitting applications are a plus
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000 annually
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass
Please send a cover letter, resume and references.