The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking an experienced Volunteer and Operations Manager with attention to detail and a passion for the mission of the Vail Valley Foundation. The position plays a critical role within the larger Operations Department at the Vail Valley Foundation. The Volunteer and Operations Manager will take lead roles within the areas of event and operations management and volunteer coordination. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Operations. This position requires an organized person who can plan and implement throughout the year and enjoys interacting with others and a fast-paced work environment.
- Oversee and manage volunteer matters tied to VVF events, programs and venues.
- Work with Sr. Director of Operations to determine volunteer needs and build schedules within the volunteer database.
- Be the first point of contact for volunteer coordinators.
- Oversee and maintain the volunteer database, to ensure all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Manage volunteer registration launch and the entire volunteer process including recruitment, registration, onboarding, oversight, and recognition.
- Manage volunteer orientation process with volunteer coordinators and set expectations for volunteers before each event.
- Develop and implement volunteer recruitment strategy and execution.
- Ensure communication strategy, calendar and methods are consistent with VVF brand standards and meet company expectations.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Operations with the development of RFPs for equipment, facility contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Support the Operations Team in the creation and management of comprehensive schedules and documents.
- Assist with VVF owned assets and warehouse operations.
- Assist with logistics across all events.
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in event operations, required.
- Proven organization, time-management, administrative and computer skills
- Self-initiative, attention to detail and a customer-centric philosophy.
- Previous experience working and excelling in a fast-paced, multi-level, project-based environment with emphasis on timelines, quality, and delivery.
- Capable of remaining focused and calm under stressful situations and able to quickly adapt to changing conditions.
- Exceptional relationship management, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage large groups of people and an enjoyment of being on the front lines and working with people.
- Knowledge of event equipment, supplies, and vendors.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills.
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external associates.
- Team approach and willingness to assist others when called upon.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasts and profit and loss statements
- Accountability and ownership of budget line items
- Willingness to work irregular and long hours during events.
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather.
- Must be physically able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Strong computer skills with general illustrator mapping knowledge; excel, and online permitting applications are a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to successfully pass a Motor Vehicle background check.
This is a salaried, full-time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary Range: $60,000-65,000
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance options
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- FREE ski pass