The Vail Dance Festival is seeking determined candidates to serve as members of the 2024 Festival team. Applicants should have a strong work ethic and commitment to teamwork. Positions are available to work as interns, coordinators and members of the Production team who will support a variety of key Festival areas. This is a unique opportunity to work behind-the-scenes alongside some of the world’s greatest dancers, choreographers, and artistic leaders. All interested are encouraged to apply. No dance background is required.
For more detailed information about these unique job opportunities visit:
The Vail Valley Foundation’s 2024 Vail Dance Festival is hiring a number of interns, coordinators and production positions.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITIONS:
- Proven organization, time-management, administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to create a Festival environment conducive to teamwork, professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond to accomplish the end product.
- Previous experience working and excelling in a fast paced, multi-level, project-based environment with emphasis on timelines, quality and delivery.
- Self-initiative, attention to detail and a customer-centric philosophy.
- Capable of remaining focused and calm under stressful situations and able to quickly adapt to changing conditions.
- Exceptional relationship management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently.
- Team approach and willingness to assist others when called upon.
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather.
- Effective time management and prioritizing of tasks.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Confident in giving direction.
- Ability to perform physical labor.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Other requirements are listed in the individual job descriptions.
- Advanced English skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
Special events and festival experience. An interest in the arts, specifically dance is not required but preferred. Prior operations and administrative experience preferred. Candidates should express interest in similar fields to the position for which they apply.
Please consult the individual job descriptions located HERE to view the benefits offered for each position.