The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking a Theater Operations Manager for the Vilar Performing Arts Center (VPAC) in Beaver Creek, CO. This important role is responsible for managing Front of House operations and upholding a superior guest experience throughout events. This individual develops and implements the theater’s house management procedures, as well as emergency and security plans, and will oversee House Managers, Volunteer Ushers and Ticket Scanners, and Security to execute 125+ events annually. They will also serve as the primary point of contact for corporate and nonprofit rental clients, working directly with outside event producers to issue estimates and contracts, and collaborates with the venue’s Production, Box Office and Marketing teams to execute flawless rental events. This position reports to the Executive Director of the VPAC.
- Manage theater rentals from sales through execution, serving as the venue’s liaison to corporate and nonprofit event producers in the planning of year-round meetings, events and performances.
- Issue rental estimates, contracts and invoices, and oversee the venue’s Community Performance Fund which provides rental subsidy to local nonprofits.
- Maintain a superior guest experience for all attendees and patrons, and continuously look for opportunities to better the venue’s service and infrastructure.
- Lead part-time and full-time staff on the implementation of the theater’s event operations plan, safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Hire, schedule and train venue House Managers, Ushers, Ticket Scanners and Security.
- Oversee a summer internship program.
- Identify and manage venue service contractors, as needed.
- Field and resolve public inquiries as they are received through vilarpac.org.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years in event planning, venue operations, or hospitality, preferably managing 2-3 direct reports.
- A proven track record of motivating and building strong teams; a great team player that is not afraid to “get their hands dirty.”
- Comfortable managing budgets, expenses reconciliation, and general administrative duties.
- Experience working in a theater or festival is preferred but not required.
- Highly organized individual with a desire for process improvement.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of ticketing software preferred but not required.
- Must have a passion for the performing arts, as well as an appreciation for the greater VVF mission including arts, athletics and education.
- A great communicator with proficient English both oral and written; spoken Spanish is a plus but not a requirement.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to commit full time to working through seasonal windows and work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certification preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Successful candidates must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 due to the nature of the work of the Vail Valley Foundation. Candidates needing accommodation may be considered depending on the essential functions of the job.
- Great attitude and work ethic required!
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary Range: $58,000 – $68,000 annually, based on experience
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass