The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking a Technical Director for the Vilar Performing Arts Center (VPAC) in Beaver Creek. This position will be responsible for technical production of the theater’s regular programming, corporate rentals, and community performances, and will lead regular maintenance on improvements of sound, audio and theatrical equipment. The TD will advance all events for technical lighting and audio needs in coordination with the Production Manager. They will provide outstanding customer service customer service to artists, touring personnel and rental clients, responding to feedback, requests and issues in a timely manner with thoughtful solutions. This position reports to the Executive Director of VPAC.
- Responsible for all event-based technical needs.
- Manage the Production Department, consisting of one direct report (Production Manager), as well as part-time stage crew, contractors and vendors.
- Advance incoming events for technical lighting and audio needs in coordination with Production Manager.
- Supervision of overhire electricians or audio crew.
- Assist Production Manager in hiring and training of new production crew.
- Provide care and maintenance for facility’s equipment.
- Working closely with touring crews to facilitate their needs and tying in of their equipment.
- Act as Audio Engineer or Lighting Designer when necessary, which may include concerts, corporate events and other situations where a touring A1 or LD is not present.
- Coordinate show needs with other departments including Hospitality, Artists Services, Facility Management and House Management.
- Oversee technical department budget, expense and capital improvements.
- Manage and support FOH and guest techs during events, ensuring that the show adheres to venue policies and expectations (show length, db limit etc).
- Operate audio and/or lighting system when necessary and appropriate.
- Minimum of 8 years road house or touring experience with experience managing staff and part-time personnel.
- Highly organized with deep technical acumen in either audio or lighting design.
- Previous experience with budgeting and general administration.
- Positive and outgoing personality. Must be a team player.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable to change, comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Receptive to working a varying and demanding schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work in high spaces from ladders and aerial lifts and can lift up to 75lbs.
- Interest in living in a mountain community.
This is a salaried, full-time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary range: $75,000-85,000 annually
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass