YouthPower365’s Celebrate the Beat Eagle County program is currently looking for teaching artists. Celebrate the Beat is a transformative in-school and after-school arts program. This unique program has been embraced by many school districts throughout Colorado for 21 years, including Eagle County Schools as a YouthPower365 program.
- Dance training or experience in the art of dance.
- Able to pick up choreography quickly.
- Has physical ability to dance with energy for 6-8hrs a day.
- Able to improvise.
- Can dance in different styles of movement.
- Can lead choreography with excellence and enthusiasm.
- Able to use different vocalizations and tones for cueing.
- Open to learning and improving skills as a dancer and teaching artist.
- Works with Artistic Director and Program Coordinator for end of semester performances.
- Can assist and help manage backstage and cueing for shows.
- Attends staff meetings and training as needed.
- Always uses appropriate touch and language with students.
- Is polite and cooperative with school staff and administration.
- Represents the organization in a professional manner at all times.
- Works with the Artistic Director/Lead Teacher and Musicians to create a successful teaching environment.
- Shows leadership qualities and is a positive role model for children.
- Is punctual and clean on the job.
- Conversational Spanish skills a plus.
- Undergoes a background check before hire.
Seasonal Part-Time (dependent on school schedules).