The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking an experienced Senior Operations Manager with a passion for the mission of the Vail Valley Foundation and the Vail Valley community. The position will play a critical role in developing and executing the Vail Valley Foundation’s athletic and active entertainment events; currently including but not limited to the GoPro Mountain Games and Xfinity Birds of Prey Audi FIS Ski World Cup. The Senior Operations Manager will additionally support operational, partner and event activations for ShowDown Town, the Vail Dance Festival, VVF and YouthPower365 fundraising events, and any additional future VVF projects that may develop. The Senior Operations Manager will be expected to work hand in hand with both internal VVF staff, as well as external partners. This position requires an individual with strong organizational, time management and leadership skills, high attention to detail, a hands-on mentality, and an ability to manage a budget.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with the Sr. Director of Operations and the OSM (Operations, Sales, and Marketing) Team to support and develop VVF athletic and active entertainment events; including but not limited to event planning and execution, budgeting, venues and facilities, competitions, equipment rental, lodging and transportation, volunteer needs and relationship management.
- Assist in event and competition development from pre-planning through execution for all events; including but not limited to permitting, space use agreements, contracting event and competition specialists, facilitate equipment and service needs for all aspects of the event.
- Work with the Operations Team on systems, policies and procedures to maintain efficiencies in workflow, equipment inventories, and processes.
- Continue to develop comprehensive plans and resource tools for internal and external partners and teams.
- Maintain a positive culture within the Operations Team and event staff and contractors.
- Assist with the development of departmental goals.
- Build and maintain important relationships within the VVF team and the greater VVF community.
- Work with the OSM Team to continually develop and improve our VVF events.
- Provide support across all other VVF events and collaborate with other operational leads on best practices and event development.
- Exceptional management skills, both strategic and operational, with at least 5 years of experience in complex event operations.
- Effective organization and time management skills to ensure deadlines and program objectives are met.
- Previous experience working and excelling in a fast-paced, multi-level, project-based environment with an emphasis on timelines, quality and delivery.
- Capable of remaining focused and calm under stress and able to quickly adapt to changing conditions.
- Self-initiative, attention to detail and a customer-centric philosophy.
- Exceptional relationship management, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with coworkers, public, partners and donors.
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision.
- Team approach with an ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external associates.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasts and profit and loss statements; ability to demonstrate fiscal responsibility for all assigned projects.
- Willingness to work irregular and long hours during events.
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather.
- Physical ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to successfully pass a background check.
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000 annually, based on experience
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass