This position is primarily responsible for supporting the marketing, social, digital, and communications needs for the Vail Valley Foundation’s arts and cultural efforts. The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving the marketing efforts for the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater and the events that occur within this venue (e.g., Amp Summer Concerts, Hot Summer Nights, etc.), as well as the Vail Dance Festival and our Free Concert Series in Eagle (ShowDown Town). In addition to VVF’s arts and culture mission, from time to time, and subject to workload priorities, this position will also provide marketing support to VVF’s athletic, education, and community efforts.
The responsibilities for this position are diverse. A successful candidate will be comfortable juggling multiple and disparate priorities at the same time and have exceptional time management skills. We are looking for a professional with a high energy level, leadership skills, self-driven, goal oriented with a strong work ethic and excellent written and oral communication capabilities. The position offers hands-on involvement in a variety of marketing projects at all stages from concept and execution to reporting.
- Develop project marketing plans, strategies, and budgets for multiple events, in collaboration with marketing team members.
- Oversee and manage project marketing budgets and timelines.
- Work with community contacts/partners, including concierge and group sales representatives, and others to help distribute information and meet ticket sale revenue and attendance goals.
- Facilitate in-house graphic design needs including PowerPoint decks, sales/development collateral, posters, buck slips, info cards, email, social and others to be determined.
- Work with development and sales departments as necessary to support donor base and corporate partner engagement.
- Assist in maintaining and growing the VVF websites and mobiles sites. This includes, but is not limited to content updates, maintenance, launches/upgrades, search engine optimization, monitoring, and tracking.
- Assist in content development and syndication across digital platforms including photos, videos, and blog posts. Tell our story in an interactive age.
- Grow, maintain, and activate via social media outlets including Meta, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, and others.
- Prospect and develop campaigns across new social media outlets.
- Work closely with Vail Dance Festival (VDF) Artistic Director and other staff to determine programming/information and manage deadlines for announcements, on sales, and other collateral.
- Manage production of event and venue program books, including but not limited to, design, collection of information, copy editing and approval processes.
- Manage email marketing efforts including design, layout, scheduling, sending and growing database year-over-year.
- Collaborate with other departments to present strategies, gain feedback and present final marketing plans.
- Oversee and provide leadership for marketing team members, project interns and temporary staff.
- Work closely with the AEG marketing team on Amp Summer Concert announcements, on sales, overall show marketing plan.
- In collaboration with supervisor and other relevant stakeholders, design the dynamic pricing strategies for select arts projects to maximize revenue each year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communications or a related field.
- 4+ years of previous design and marketing experience.
- Product and industry expert on arts, with additional interest in education and athletics.
- Ability to lead and manage assigned projects, from setting marketing objectives to executing tactical plans.
- Effective decision making and strong drive to meet program deadlines and objectives.
- Great level of passion surrounding delegated projects, programs and promotional campaigns and infectious enthusiasm in group situations.
- Effective time management skills to ensure deadlines, goals and program objectives are met.
- Ability to demonstrate fiscal responsibility for all assigned projects and update contingency plans as circumstances require.
- High organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced teamwork environment.
- Ability to demonstrate self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the other staff, public, vendors, partners and the board of directors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to lead groups and present information in a solution driven format.
- Willingness to work irregular hours as needed.
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather.
- Ability to perform physical labor as needed such as carrying/moving boxes, moving computer equipment, etc.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy, and InDesign.
Additional preferred experience/skills:
- Experience with digital marketing platforms like Adroll, Google, and Meta.
- Experience with email systems like Mailchimp, Patron Mail, or Constant Contact.
- Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Any experience in video including editing capabilities would be beneficial, but not required.
- Any experience in programs like After Effects, Flash, Final Cut or iMovie would be beneficial, but not required.
- Any experience with FBML, XML, API’s and/or mobile platforms would be beneficial, but not required.
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary Range: $62,000 – $70,000 annually
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass
Please send a cover letter, resume and references.