The Senior Director, Human Resources guides and manages the overall vision, strategy, and provision of Human Resources services and programs for the Vail Valley Foundation, YouthPower365, and the Vilar Performing Arts Center (collectively referred to as “VVF”). The Senior Director, Human Resources is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The Senior Director, Human Resources provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team, Board Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors.
The VVF staff consists of approximately 67 full-time and 200 part-time employees, depending on the time of year. The Senior Director, Human Resources leads Human Resource practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Senior Director, Human Resources serves on the VVF Executive Team and reports to the President. This position is also responsible for office management for both the VVF and YouthPower365 offices and oversees the VVF Office Manager.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, federal and state employment legislation and ensures the organization’s compliance.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company’s vision and mission.
- Consistently review, make recommendations, and implement new policies and programs to improve the organization and the employee experience.
- Responsible for the HR budget: maintains fiscal responsibility while providing a quality employee experience.
- Prioritize and support the development of a company culture that emphasizes our values: leadership, integrity, teamwork, boldness, community, inclusivity, and innovation.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the VVF’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Drive annual leadership training and ongoing professional education and development opportunities for each area of the organization and for all levels of staff from executive leadership to entry level employees.
- Work directly with department managers to assist them with personnel issues such as staffing, talent development, communication, compensation, performance correction, and succession planning.
- Manage the following HR functions:
- Performance management and improvement systems, review process, and documentation, coaching, disciplinary action, and termination process
- Compensation plan and bonus program
- Biweekly payroll and benefits management
- Recruiting and staffing strategy, logistics, administration, and execution, including the internship program
- Leave of absence compliance and administration
- Safety in the workplace, workers’ compensation insurance, and OSHA compliance
- Employee coaching, mentoring, grievance counseling, and investigations
Required skills/abilities include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Preferred education and experience:
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive HR experience, with at least five years of Manager or Director level HR experience. Experience in a non-profit.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification.
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary Range: $85,000 – $105,000 annually
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass
Please send a cover letter, resume and references.