The Sales Coordinator & Account Manager provides daily support primarily to the VVF Sales team and secondarily to the Operations and Marketing teams. The Coordinator acts as a liaison between sales and operations and most all other groups within the Foundation to include: finance and accounting, development, marketing, and food and beverage. Some administrative duties are required.
- Must have an undergraduate college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Written and spoken English language abilities.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance day to day, high level of communication skills, and experience with budgets and forecasts.
- 1-3+ years prior experience in a sales coordinator role or similar administrative position.
- Prior experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Highly proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Flexibility in schedule and the availability to work on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Position works daily with VP of Sales and VP of Marketing and Operations, and the sales team regarding strategic planning and support to include: all sponsor sales and cornerstone partners and events including the Birds of Prey World Cup, Mountain Games, Magic of Lights Vail, Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, Vilar Performing Arts Center, Hot Summer Nights & ShowDown Town, the Vail Dance Festival and various fundraising events.
- Responsible for assisting with fiscal year budget planning, forecasts, AR and AP reconciliation and quarterly and month budget reviews.
- Responsible for the tracking and benefit management of all VVF sponsors as well as more direct account management tied to community partnerships and select larger sponsors, at the direction of the VP of Sales.
- Responsible for drafting, processing and organizing for internal reference, all contractual agreements and sponsorship valuation tied to VVF sponsors and event vendors.
- Candidate should be knowledgeable and capable of professionally communicating the broad, high level marketing plans, sales strategies and event concepts of the VVF.
- Responsible for supporting sales team across the following responsibilities: detailed sponsorship proposals/presentations, collection of marketing materials and media kits, organization of files and contracts, account management of smaller, local sponsors & partners, and assisting with municipal grants & funding requests across the Town of Vail, Town of Avon and Town of Eagle.
- Position is responsible for working with the sales team in executing select contractual benefits received by sponsors at a VVF venue or Event. This may include credentials, lodging, activation set up and breakdown, transportation needs, gifts, banners, permits, etc.
- Position will provide support where needed within the larger sales/operations team. This means actual hands-on support on site at events which may occur on weekends and/or holidays.
- Coordinator shall be responsible for ensuring all marketing and advertising deadlines are met by the sales team and VVF Sponsors. For example, event posters, official event programs, websites, print advertisements, radio spots, etc. must all have the appropriate sponsor names, level of sponsorship, and tag lines by published deadlines.
- Coordinator shall interact when needed with applicable outside regulatory agencies and long standing business partners. For Example: USFS, US Ski Team, Vail Resorts, Inc., Beaver Creek Resort Company, FIS, and Town of Vail. It will be important to have a base working knowledge of agency’s/company’s needs/issues as they relate to the VVF.
- Coordinator will work with VP of Sales on all general administrative needs within the department.
- Coordinator must at all times be professional and well versed in the intricacies of the Vail Valley Foundation, its mission and financial objectives.
- Responsible for attending all scheduled meetings.
- Responsibilities will include the research of local, regional and or national brands and Coordinator may, from time to time, assist the sales team with actual sales outreach (sales calls) to local, smaller, community level sponsor prospects.
- Position requires flexibility in schedule and availability to work on weekends and evenings.
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary range: $50,000-$55,000 annually
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass