The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking an experienced Operations Manager with attention to detail and a passion for the mission of the Vail Valley Foundation. The position plays a critical role within the larger Operations Department at the Vail Valley Foundation and requires an organized person who can plan and implement throughout the year at the various events. The Operations Manager will take a lead role within the venues and facility areas of the Operations team.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Event Overlay includes all of the temporary infrastructure required to support each Vail Valley Foundation project including but not limited to: tents, cabins, power, utilities, fencing, flooring, lighting, rental equipment, sound, AV equipment, waste management and FF&E
- Serve as primary contact for specific aspects of events including competitions, courses, specialists, judging, timing, etc.
- Assist the Senior Director of Operations with the development of RFPs for equipment and facility contractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Assist with the development of venue maps and layouts
- Coordinate all signage and branding elements for each venue
- Support the Operations Team in the creation and management of comprehensive event build out, tear down and logistics schedules
- Manage Vail Valley Foundation warehouse storage units while coordinating requests from various VVF departments for all event needs
- Work closely with municipalities on permits, policies, approvals, and installations on municipal properties
- Assist with securing all necessary competition venues including applying for all required permits and space use agreements
- Contract and manage event expo and construction crews
- Assist with internal and external transportation needs and logistics across all events
This position requires the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in event operations
- Proven organization, time-management, administrative and computer skills
- Self-initiative, attention to detail and a customer-centric philosophy
- Previous experience working and excelling in a fast-paced, multi-level, project-based environment with emphasis on timelines, quality and delivery
- Capable of remaining focused and calm under stressful situations and able to quickly adapt to changing conditions
- Exceptional relationship management, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external associates
- Team approach and willingness to assist others when called upon
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasts and profit and loss statements
- Accountability and ownership of budget line items
- Willingness to work irregular and long hours during events
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather
- Must be physically able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Strong computer skills with general illustrator mapping knowledge; excel, and online permitting applications are a plus
- Ability to operate heavy machinery a plus
- Successful candidates must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 due to the nature of the work of the Vail Valley Foundation. Candidates needing accommodation may be considered depending on the essential functions of the job.
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000 annually
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass