The Vail Valley Foundation’s YouthPower365 Celebrate the Beat program in Eagle County is currently looking for pianists or guitarists to accompany classes this summer and upcoming school year. This is a part-time position based on 15-20 hours per week with an hourly rate based on experience.
Celebrate the Beat (CTB) is a transformative in-school and after-school arts program. This unique program has been embraced by many school districts throughout Colorado for 21 years, including Eagle County Schools as a YouthPower365 opportunity.
Live music is an integral part of every class and performance. It deepens the experience of students and their success as both artists and scholars. As a CTB accompanist, our musicians play different genres of music, read, and follow lead sheets, keep tempo, and improvise, all while supporting the Lead Teaching Artist in the flow of the class.
- Proficient on piano or guitar.
- Able to read a lead sheet.
- Has a song catalog without having to look at sheet music.
- Able to improvise.
- Play an array of genres (rock, funk, jazz, Latin, Broadway, disco, classical, etc.)
- Able to play in time at different changing tempos and time signatures.
- Open to learning other instruments.
- Able to work with Musical Director and musicians for final performance.
- Attends staff meetings and training as needed.
- Always uses appropriate touch and language with students.
- Is polite and cooperative with school staff and administration.
- Represents the organization in a professional manner at all times.
- Works with the Artistic Director/Lead Teacher/Teaching Assistant to create a successful teaching environment.
- Is punctual and clean on the job.
- Able to successfully pass a background check prior to working.
Seasonal Part time at 15-20 hours per week (dependent on school schedules).
$30-$40/hourly based on experience