This position is responsible for implementing the operation of the Magic Bus program. Specific areas of responsibility include: plan quality daily lessons as they relate to the curriculum, interact directly with children/families, observe/document student growth and development using TS-GOLD, maintain database records, conduct three home visits per year with each family, and maintain a safe, clean environment on the Magic Bus.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recruit and enroll new students each summer and throughout the academic year depending on enrollment numbers and in accordance to eligibility regulations.
- Create and implement quality daily lesson plans/activities that are developmentally appropriate for 3- to 5-year-old children.
- Build trust and strong relationships with students and their families.
- Remain in compliance with all licensing rules and regulations in accordance with the Colorado Department of Early Childhood including all emergency preparedness procedures and drills.
- Commit to quality improvement requirements in accordance with Colorado Shines Quality Rating and Improvement system.
- Provide a safe, healthy, clean environment on the Magic Bus in accordance with CDHS licensing standards and report vehicle maintenance issues to manager
- Observe/document student growth and development using TS-GOLD daily.
- Maintain accurate records that include attendance, applications and student files and enter into database systems in a timely manner.
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences for the purpose of professional development as scheduled by manager and attend organization staff meetings as scheduled by leadership.
- Schedule and conduct three home visitations per year for all participating Magic Bus families.
- Attend, facilitate, and assist manager in organizing Family Workshops.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish in the areas of speaking, reading, and writing.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education, preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with children 3 to 5 years old, preferred.
- Must have reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to communicate and work effectively with students, parents, and community partners.
- CPR/First Aid certified within 30 days of hire date.
- Experience in the use of technology strongly, preferred.
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
$45,000 – $48,000 annual salary.
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass