This position is responsible for implementing the operation of the Magic Bus program. Specific areas of responsibility include: plan quality daily lessons as they relate to the curriculum, interact directly with children/families, observe/document student growth and development using TS-GOLD, maintain database records, conduct three home visits per year with each family, and maintain a safe, clean environment on the Magic Bus.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish in the areas of speaking, reading and writing
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Minimum two years experience working with children 3 to 5 years old
- Must have reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to communicate and work effectively with students, parents, and community partners
- CPR/First Aid certified within 30 days of hire date
- Experience in the use of technology strongly preferred
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Recruit and enroll new students each summer in accordance to eligibility regulations
- Set class schedule and times according to the need presented in each community
- Create and implement quality daily lesson plans/activities that are developmentally appropriate for 3-to 5-year-old children
- Build trust and strong relationships with students and their families
- Provide a safe, healthy, clean environment on the Magic Bus in accordance with CDHS licensing standards and report vehicle maintenance issues to manager
- Observe/document student growth and development using TS-GOLD daily
- Maintain accurate records that include attendance, applications and students files and enter into database systems in a timely manner
- Attend all Magic Bus and Youth Power365 staff meetings as scheduled
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences for the purpose of professional development as scheduled by manager
- Schedule and conduct three home visitations per year for all participating Magic Bus families
- Promote and enroll Magic Bus graduates into the Great Start program
- Help facilitate and organize parent workshops
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.