The Vail Valley Foundation’s Vilar Performing Arts Center (VPAC) is in search of talented Lighting Designers. The Lighting Designer also serves as Master Electrician for the venue. They are responsible for the coordination and execution of all lighting-related activities on any given event day. They will assist touring Lighting Designers in carrying out their vision for an event or in the absence of a touring Lighting Designer, they will act as the house Lighting Designer for the venue.
- Strong initiative
- Clear communication skills
- Proficiency with ETC Ion console, or ability to bring own console at no charge to VPAC
- Strong technical lighting skills and relevant electrical knowledge
- General stagehand skills
- Design, program, and execute a wide variety of performance types same-day using VPAC’s repertory plot
- Adapt designs to fit tour specifications or restrictions
- Tie in and assist guest LDs/MEs
- Assist crew in other departments as needed
- Advise and assist Production Management with off-season projects and improvements
- Check-in on inventory and request consumables and other supplies as needed
This is an hourly, on-call position, scheduled on a per-show basis. Peak hiring season is December thru early April. The VPAC also presents a summer season from late June thru mid-August. Project and maintenance work primarily occurs during off-seasons. The VPAC pays on-site work at a 4-hour minimum. This position may include occasional from-home work, paid at time worked.
Pay: $34/hr+, based on experience
This position includes parking and access to employee ticket giveaways and lotteries.