The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking a year-round part time Head Audio Engineer for the Vilar Performing Arts Center (VPAC) in Beaver Creek. This position will assist the Technical Director in overseeing the VPAC audio department with the bulk of the work occurring between December and April. This position will be the day of show point of contact for guest audio engineers, and will act as the lead audio technician for all shows requiring a house engineer. This position will oversee the tuning and setup of the VPAC audio equipment. Along with the Production Manager, this position will be responsible for supervising on-call audio techs on show days. This position reports to the VPAC’s Technical Director and Production Manager.
- At least 4 years road house or touring experience or equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience working with DiGiCo SD series audio mixing consoles.
- Highly organized individual with show advance, budgeting knowledge and employee supervision experience.
- Positive and outgoing personality. Must be a team player.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable to change and work in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness to work a varying and demanding schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (75%):
- Act as House Audio Engineer for events in the VPAC Concert, Family, and Broadway series, as well as other productions with extensive audio needs
- Communicate and work with other VPAC departments as needed
- Supervise VPAC and guest audio techs
- Work closely with touring crews to facilitate smooth operations and maintain show integrity
- Oversee sound checks, ensuring adherence to decibel limit
- Operate audio and/or lighting systems when necessary or appropriate
- Repair and maintain theater audio equipment
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (25%):
- Assist Technical Director and Production Manager in advancing incoming events that require specific audio knowledge
- Train new house audio technicians
- Manage audio inventory, submit purchase requests to Technical Director and/or Production Manager as needed
- Advise Technical Director and Production Manager regarding audio department expenses, maintenance and capital expenditures
This is a salaried, part time year-round position eligible for some, but not all, VVF employment benefits.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.