The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking an entry-level part-time grant writer to assist in a growing grants department serving our multiple initiatives of arts and education. The right individual will have unbridled enthusiasm and passion for our mission and vision. Initiative, organizational, and interpersonal skills are a must, along with excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidates must have experience with writing, foundations, and the ability to manage multiple different projects simultaneously.
The grant writer will work in collaboration with Director of Capacity, Sustainability, and Grants and diverse staff members to craft carefully considered, well researched, detailed and persuasive grant proposals. Projects requiring grant proposals include YouthPower365, the Vail Dance Festival, and the Vilar Performing Arts Center. The grant writer will assist with grant narratives and contribute to highly accurate, detailed grant reports. Other responsibilities will include grant research, prospecting, and evaluative summaries.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- In-house preferred, but remote work considered.
- Three to five years of related experience in a nonprofit or government context.
- General knowledge of the arts and education realm.
- Excellent strategic thinking, writing, and editing skills.
- Must be able to set priorities and move multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Open to constructive criticism and self-improvement.
- Experience with grants preferred.
- Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify new likely funding sources for specific projects and programs.
- Assist with reporting requirements throughout the funding period through written updates/reports to current and past foundation, corporate and government funders.
- Work with program and evaluation staff to supplement outcome measurements.
- Support administrative functions such as updating the grant calendar, tracking report deadlines, preparing grant award summaries, coordinating site visits and maintaining current records in a database and paper files.
- Draft grant narratives and edit grant applications.
This is an hourly, part-time position.
$25-30 per hour, based on experience.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.