The VVF’s YouthPower365 is seeking a Girl PowHER Instructor responsible for delivering and supporting the Girl PowHER program. The position works with middle and high schools in the Vail Valley to empower young women mentally, emotionally and physically to promote school and community engagement ensuring each girl reaches her full potential. This position seeks someone who is detail oriented, organized, enthusiastic, innovative, and excellent at communicating. Must be able to relate well to middle and high school girls.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Preferred experience working with middle and/or high school youth
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to deliver curriculum to middle and high school aged girls
- Knowledge and experience in gender specific teaching
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE: Monday – Thursday, 3:00 – 6:00 PM
- Review and prepare for Girl PowHER lessons
- Deliver Girl PowHER lessons
- Enter attendance in Civicore
- Assist with Girl PowHER Special Events (ex: Fashion Show, PowHER Up for Success, Adventure Camp)
- Provide Girl PowHER Coordinator with feedback and program needs
- Build a strong relationship with students, families, and YouthPower365 Staff
- Be able to attend all assigned Girl PowHER sessions.
- Be 15 minutes early (3:45 PM) to all Girl PowHER session. Depending on program needs you may need to arrive earlier.
- Communicate concerns or scheduling issues to the Girl PowHER Coordinator promptly.
- Assist YouthPower365 with family communication: phone calls, emails, etc.
- Assist Girl PowHER Coordinator with Girl PowHER recruitment
This is an hourly, part-time position.
15-20 hours available a week