The Vail Valley Foundation is looking for a hard-working, motivated and experienced food and beverage candidate. This job requires event managing, kitchen and health code knowledge, and bar managing skills. It requires good administrative, accounting and computer skills. It involves a lot of communication via email and phone to artists, caterers, distributors and rental clients. An ideal candidate has at least one to three years of experience in catering, hospitality or food and beverage, as well as experience managing staff.
The food and beverage manager works with the VPAC team to execute all events and performances both through the bar management and artist hospitality. The food and beverage manager is responsible for all food and beverage related needs, including all shows, rentals, receptions, staff and volunteer meals, and meetings requiring food and beverage. He or she oversees the management of both bars in the venue along with the management of all bartenders. He or she will manage seasonal volunteer recognition events and patron recognition parties in conjunction with development. He or she is responsible for advancing and executing all artist hospitality. He or she is responsible for enhancing the customer experience through concessions and bar offerings. The manager will also be responsible for maintaining all cash banks and handling bank deposits for the building. The manager will act as event manager for all May Gallery events. The food and beverage manager reports to the General Manager.
- Advance and execute artist hospitality, including ordering from caterers, grocery shopping, set up and breaking down of meals/hospitality, prep food made internally etc.
- Advancing and executing any food and beverage needs for rental events including hospitality needs and bar needs.
- Hiring, training and managing bartenders and overseeing both bars.
- Ordering and shopping for both hospitality and bars (from alcohol distributors, Sysco, Costco, City Market etc.)
- Perform all administrative work, including payroll, new hire paperwork, and bartender schedule.
- Maintain and manage software and hardware for the bar, including POS systems and digital menus.
- Manage budgeting and accounting for all F&B operations, including submitting invoices, credit card reconciliation, cash deposits, cash bank reconciliation, liquor inventory, and tracking of all budgets.
- Work with sales & sponsorships (internal or from a rental) on special event liquor needs and integration into all VPAC events.
- Work with Development on needs in the May Gallery for patron events.
- Act as events manager for all May Gallery events including actively pursuing new rental clients.
- Must have a 1-3 years catering, hospitality or food & beverage experience.
- Must have previous management experience.
- Must be proficient with computers.
- Must be able to stand for hours at a time.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able and willing to work unconventional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be flexible and willing to think outside the box and willing to take on other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have or be able to acquire the CO Responsible Alcohol Beverage Vendor Training and Food Manager certification.
- Successful candidates must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 due to the nature of the work of the Vail Valley Foundation. Candidates needing accommodation may be considered depending on the essential functions of the job.
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 annually
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass