This full-time, year-round position works closely with the Senior Vice President of Philanthropy, the Vice President of Marketing & Operations, Vail Dance Festival Artistic Director, the Director of Production and the VDF Director of Development to plan and execute all of the Festival logistics. This position is responsible for ensuring safety and efficiency of the execution of the management and planning while maintaining a standard of care that creates a warm and pleasant environment for everyone involved in the Festival. The Vail Dance Festival & Operations Manager will be responsible for consistent, clear and regular communications about the status of the Festival business. In addition, this position plays a vital role as a member of the Operations, Sales & Marketing Team (OSM), participating in team meetings and events, and providing support during VVF signature events like the GoPro Mountain Games and Xfinity Birds of Prey World Cup ski race.
- Proven organization, time-management, administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to create a Festival environment conducive to teamwork, professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond to accomplish the end product.
- Previous experience working and excelling in a fast paced, multi-level, project-based environment with emphasis on timelines, quality and delivery.
- Self-initiative, attention to detail and a customer-centric philosophy.
- Capable of remaining focused and calm under stressful situations and able to quickly adapt to changing conditions.
- Exceptional relationship management, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently and with little supervision.
- Accountability and ownership of budget line items.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasts and profit and loss statements.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, including advertising and tracking capabilities.
- Team approach and willingness to assist others when called upon.
- Willingness to work irregular and long hours during events and leading up to events, including weekends.
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions with variable weather.
- Eagerness to support all VVF departments as time allows.
- Effective time management and prioritizing of tasks.
- Ability to perform physical labor as needed.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Advanced English skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license.
Vail Dance Festival Operations
- Arrange and coordinate all Festival logistics for visiting artists, companies and staff including travel (airfare, rental cars, airport transfers and local transportation), lodging and hospitality.
- Manage VDF budget tracker in coordination with the SVP of Philanthropy, Marketing Manager and Development Director.
- Liaise with visiting artists, companies and staff while they are in Vail to assist them with any issues that may arise.
- Work with Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater and Vilar Performing Arts Center staffs to make arrangements for VDF residency.
- Plan and execute a master class series and community events (pre-Festival and during Festival).
- Execute contracts for staff, artists, companies and any misc. independent contractors.
- Set and manage VDF schedules for interns, independent contractors, and temporary staff and serve as the primary leadership role for those staff members.
- Assist with the intern and ambassador programs including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and training.
- Represent and promote the Festival to external stakeholders with the goal of increasing awareness and engagement with the Festival.
- Support the Festival development efforts when possible through event support and donor relations.
- In addition to these duties, may perform other duties as assigned and required.
- Attend OSM Meetings on a bi-monthly basis, working with the team on Vail Dance Festival and other VVF events throughout the year.
- Attend Operations and Marketing team meetings as necessary as a project manager for Vail Dance Festival operational needs and to provide support for other Vail Valley Foundation signature events.
- Work with OSM team as necessary for the lead-up to and event windows for VVF annual signature events, such as the GoPro Mountain Games and Xfinity Birds of Prey. Support of non-Dance Festival VVF events will be based on time available and may fall to either operational or marketing tasks, dependent on greatest need and best fit.
- Perform media interviews as necessary: television, radio and print.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
Special events and festival experience (minimum 3 years). An interest in the arts, specifically dance is not required but preferred. Experience with common social media platforms, Adobe Creative Suite and website CMS is required.
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.