The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking an experienced professional to assist in meeting the strategic goals of YouthPower365, Vilar Performing Arts Center (VPAC), Vail Dance Festival, and the greater VVF. The right individual will have unbridled enthusiasm and passion for the mission and vision of these organizations. Strong leadership, initiative, and interpersonal skills are a must, along with superior oral and written communication skills. Candidates must have a proven-track record with successful grant administration, writing, and reporting; employee supervision; relationship building with funders and community partners; and identifying and implementing strategies for organizational growth. The ideal candidate detail must have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively and manage multiple different projects and people simultaneously.
The Grants Director will report to the Vice President of Philanthropy and will collaborate with staff at all levels to lead a successful, strategic, and robust grants program. This position works to secure and develop resources that ensure YouthPower365, VPAC, Vail Dance Festival and VVF can deliver its mission now and in the future. In addition, the Grants Director will work on special initiatives in need of strategic funding (e.g., childcare, community housing).
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead a successful, strategic, and robust grants program by:
Managing an annual proposal pipeline for YouthPower365, Vail Dance Festival, VPAC and VVF
- Managing the Grants Manager
- Meeting annual goals for grant revenue and exploring strategic and transformational funding opportunities
- Cultivating foundation relationships
- Crafting carefully considered, well-researched, detailed, and persuasive proposals
- Writing highly accurate, detailed reports that reflect the quantitative and qualitative results of the organization and its programs
- Conducting research of community needs and funding opportunities
- Maintaining and implementing internal controls and procedures
- Supporting the President/CEO in special initiative funding and strategic projects as requested
- Engaging programmatic staff in grant opportunities, applications, and reports
- Guiding staff to ensure grant goals, outcomes, and activities are met and tracked
- Working with staff to identify, implement, and revise evaluation methods
- Guiding ongoing case for support and expressions of case work in support of annual and campaign related revenue goals
- Monitoring grant-funded positions and projects as needed
- Supporting the development staff and outside campaign consultants on campaign related needs including, but not limited to, case for support and case expressions
- Supervising contract and/or staff writers
- Enlisting the expertise of the accounting department to tailor budgets and financials for grant applications and reporting
- Bachelors’ degree required. Master’s Degree or higher highly desirable.
- At least five years of related experience in a nonprofit or government context.
- Excellent strategic thinking, writing and editing skills.
- Must be able to set priorities and move multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Must have high level problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a diverse team and to incorporate or share feedback on written materials with facility and grace.
- Track record of successfully applying for and receiving grants preferred.
- Knowledge of current education and out of school time best practices and trends, and some experience with the performing arts preferred.
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary Range: $75,000-$90,000 annually, based on experience.
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our
organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short-term and long-term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Added Perks
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass