The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking an experienced event professional to lead the coordination and execution of VVF fundraising-related events including but not limited to the Black Diamond Ball, Girl PowHER Fashion Show, Star Dancing Gala, Turkey Trot and a range of other prospecting and donor related events ranging from small to large. The right individual will have strong event planning experience and an unbridled enthusiasm and passion for the mission and vision of the Vail Valley Foundation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years with a proven track record in event planning, food and beverage and/or hospitality fields.
- Capacity to work independently as part of a strong team with fellow operations and development colleagues, entire VVF staff, board members, donors and volunteers.
- Strong leadership, initiative and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with the capacity to generate innovation solutions and strategies to cultivate donors relationships and fundraising initiatives.
- Skill in refining and improving signature fundraising events while also brainstorming new and innovative events to keep donors engaged with the organization.
- Ability to negotiate favorable vendor contracts to meet expense goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good principles of management and systems and development planning knowledge
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials, willingness to cooperate with diverse donors and community groups.
- Aptitude to develop and manage event budgets.
- Eagerness to provide support to the greater Vail Valley Foundation staff as available and necessary.
- Experience with or capacity to learn Microsoft Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising and auction software systems (e.g., MobileCause, BidPal, Givergy) required.
- Pass background check, current driver’s license, ability to work in a moderately loud and dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability to consistently accept feedback, set, meet and exceed goals.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed for events.
The VVF Development Events Manager works in collaboration with both the Development and Operations Departments at the VVF to implement prospecting, fundraising and stewardship events designed to meet the financial goals of the organization. The VVF Development Events Manager will be responsible for event coordination and execution, with a major role in the successful execution of two signature events – the Black Diamond Ball and Star Dancing Gala. While not responsible for the revenue goals (sponsorships and donations), the Development Events Manager will provide the coordination and support for the Development and Sales Departments and volunteers to be successful in achieving all revenue goals. The Development Events Manager will report to the Sr. Manager of Hospitality and Volunteers.
- Assist the Sr. Manager of Hospitality and Volunteers in planning and successfully executing logistics for all VVF, YouthPower365, Vail Dance Festival and Vilar Performing Arts Center prospecting, fundraising and stewardship events.
- Develop and maintain event timelines and coordinate with staff and committee volunteers to meet all required deadlines.
- Coordinate with VVF Sales Team to support corporate sponsorship for fundraising events.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Team to develop and implement all event messaging, marketing and advertising efforts.
- Ensure coordination of donor solicitation and fundraising strategies that support VVF revenue goals.
- Assist the Sr. Manager of Hospitality and Volunteers, Volunteer Event Committee and Development Team to secure and manage silent and live auctions.
- Work with Sr. Manager of Hospitality and Volunteers and the Operations Team to identify needs and support the negotiation of contracts with vendors and event contractors as necessary for fundraising events, including but not limited to: food and beverage/catering, transportation, auction-related contracts (e.g., auctioneer, silent auction platforms), waste and recycling, housing/accommodations, audiovisual, valet and entertainment.
- Coordinate event staff and volunteers with Sr. Manager of Hospitality and Volunteers.
- Work with the Operations, Marketing, Finance and Development Teams to meet development event financial goals.
- Provide efficient and effective post-event wrap-up.
- Assist Operations Department as feasible during other signature events such as Mountain Games, Birds of Prey and Vail Dance Festival.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed for events
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary range: $50,000-$55,000 annually
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass