The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking an Accounting Manager to support the greater Finance Team by providing entry-level financial support. The Accounting Manager is responsible for contributing to the accounting and financial process to ensure accurate financial reporting and control.
- Process weekly Accounts Payable functions including data entry, cutting checks, W–9 verification, and initiating bank wires and transfer as needed.
- Manage and distribute 1099’s for multiple entities.
- Responsible for completing monthly bank reconciliations and credit card settlements.
- Prepares weekly import files from the Vilar Performing Arts Center ticketing software (Audience View) and food and beverage software (Square).
- Review and approve employee expense reimbursements bi–weekly.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Team player cross trained on accounting functions to support team on month end close process.
- Updates and implements procedural and accounting policies within the finance department and across the greater organization.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
A successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; accounting or finance concentration preferred.
- Not For Profit accounting experience desired.
- At least five years of transferrable professional experience.
- Open to development of skills and knowledge.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated success in multi–tasking while maintaining impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully manage a workload that balances long–range planning with the daily demands of holding a key position within a team.
- Carry out responsibilities without detailed instruction and handle competing demands with tact and creativity.
- Proven interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively and develop good working relationships within an organization.
- A deep appreciation for, and an ability to, successfully articulate the mission and aspirations of the Vail Valley Foundation.
- Must be proficient in the English language, both written and oral.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, and prior experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge and Raisers Edge is preferred.
- Strong technology and database skills with a willingness to streamline processes.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
This is a salaried, full time year-round position eligible for all VVF employment benefits.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000 annually
Our employees are a critical part of who we are and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Supplemental insurance options
- Short and long term disability plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Added Perks!
- Tickets to shows at the VPAC and GRFA
- Discounted gym membership options
- FREE ski pass