The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking an experienced finance and accounting professional with prior experience in the field and a passion for the mission of the Vail Valley Foundation. The position plays a critical role within the larger Finance team at the VVF and will work across all departments of the organization. To be successful, strong inter-organizational relationships are imperative. On a weekly, if not daily basis, this position may interact with: information systems, operations, marketing, sales, development, HR, CFO and President/CEO. This position reports directly to the Accounting & Finance Manager.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of: A/P processing, A/R processing (including collections), bank/cash reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statements and reporting, Sales Tax reconciliation and filing.
- Proficient use of accounting/financial software; Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred.
- Proven organization, time-management, administrative and computer skills.
- Previous experience working and excelling in a fast paced, multi-level, project based environment with emphasis on timelines, quality and delivery.
- Self-initiative, attention to detail and a customer-centric philosophy.
- Capable of remaining focused and calm under stressful situations and able to quickly adapt to changing conditions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to make critical decisions independently and with little supervision.
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasts and profit and loss statements.
- Team approach and willingness to assist others when called upon.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance
Accounting Manager shall provide daily accounting and financial support to the administration department. The position will report directly to the Accounting & Finance Manager and have a close relationship with all members of the Finance team and greater Administrative team.
The Accounting Manager position will have several core responsibilities/requirements, but may be required to help with additional project work as necessary.
- Support external audit and 990 informational return preparation; working closely with external Audit firm
- Internal and external financial reporting and analysis, including support of quarterly financial statement generation for operating bank
- Cash forecasting
- Daily accounting and support of monthly accounting close process
- Quarterly tracking and reporting of Investment Portfolio, including Donor Advised Fund tracking and reporting
- Annual budget and monthly forecast process for all Athletic Projects
- Interest rate swaps tracking and reporting
- Tax-exempt bond tracking and reporting
- Currency swaps initiation, tracking and reporting
- Research of complex accounting issues, and ensure staff is well informed of accounting processing, internal controls, etc.
- Some administration tasks will be required
- Special projects for CFO and Director of Accounting & Finance.
- Assist other departments with understanding of profit and loss statements, budget planning and forecasts
This is a part time hourly position; 12-24 hours per week
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Schedule is flexible with the understanding that there are specific deadlines during the week that must be met and there may be a requirement for longer hours during month-end and at the end of each quarter.